Cloud Office Productivity
It’s time to move your Office Suite to the Cloud for Office Productivity . . .
See Google Apps.
An online office suite or online productivity suite is a type of office suite offered by websites in the form of software as a service. They can be accessed online from anywhere with and internet connection and internet-enabled device. Cloud based office suites for office productivity allow people to work together and collaborate virtually from anywhere at anytime.
No software to buy or licenses to renew. No need to download, install or upgrade software on your local computer.
Most online office suites include a broad set of applications, as listed below:
- Calendar – Appointments and Tasks
- Instant Messaging (VOIP)
Document Creation and Editing Applications
- Word Processor
- Presentation Program
- Web portal
- Data Management
- Project Management
- The cost is low. In most cases, there is no specific charge for using the service for users who already have access to a computer with a web browser and a connection to the Internet.
- Online office suites can run out of thin clients with minimal hardware requirements.
- Online office suites provide the ability for a group of people to share a document without the need to run their own server.
- Online office suites are portable. Users can access their documents from almost any computer with a connection to the Internet, regardless of which operating system they use.
- If the user’s computer fails, the documents are still safely stored on the remote server. Online service providers’ backup processes and overall stability will generally be superior to that of most home systems.